Friday, October 22, 2010

Thanksgiving...

Monday 11th October was Thanksgiving in Canada so we decided to cook a big roast turkey on the Sunday (Chris was out on the prairie on the Monday) along with a chocolate bread pudding, should have been pumpkin pie but we decided an alternative was better. Pat & Rick were still with us at this point so after a lovely Sunday walk out on the prairie we came home to a brilliant lunch cooked by Chris, very handy in the kitchen.

Monday Tegan and Fraser were off school due to the bank holiday so we all went ice skating. This broke the day up as I was also packing as we were due to fly to Vancouver on the Tuesday in order to attend Chris's cousin Sheila's wedding. Disaster struck jut as we were about to leave the ice - I was standing still when Tegan skated into the back of me and took my legs away from me, I landed on the ice on my left arm. Later that evening the pain was intense so I decided a quick trip (down into Medicine Hat) to the hospital was necessary. After a very swift x-ray and speaking to the doctors I came out to greet Chris wearing a pink plaster cast, approximately for 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment