Sunday, August 2, 2009

Make Up Party & Chris in UK...

Another week has flown by in the busy village of Ralston, mind you I have now completed week 5 of the 9 week school holiday so not bad. This week has been filled with swimming lessons for Tegan who is just getting better and better and a girls make up party. My friend Jeanette decided to invite some of her daughters friends round for a make up party - these are all 5 year olds. I then added wouldn't it be great if we painted their hands and feet and put lovely stickers on their nails so things began to esculate. In the end there were 6 little girls and Fraser! So Jeanette and I set to painting all their nails and then the girls went off to do their own makeup, Jeanette then very kindly fed all the children. They had a great time and Fraser decided he was going to have his nails painted but did choose the blue polish as that was for boys! The girls then got hold of Fraser and did his makeup - not a pretty look.

I must say a very happy 70th Birthday to Rick (Chris's dad). Chris flew back to the UK on Friday night to surprise his dad by turning up on Saturday afternoon in time to join them for dinner and spend the night and following day together. I think Chris has made the most of his trip as he got upgraded on his BA flight by our kind friend Simon and then his choice of hire car was a Mercedes - you can tell there were no children, dog or wife around, although the Mercedes turned out to be an estate. He is spending tonight with friends Tonia and Les and as I spoke to them all they were drinking champagne and pink port.

I am off to Calgary airport tomorrow to collect Chris and then on Tuesday morning handover children and dog responsibilities as I am off to New York to visit my friend Harriet for 3 days, should you hear on the news of blond girl lost in NY City then that is me, very excited - cocktails in New York.
I may not update my blog for a couple of weeks as along with my trip to NY on my return we all go off on an adventure to Canmore, Banff, Lake Louise, Jasper and Edmonton returning to Ralston in time for the annual rodeo.

1 comment:

  1. Loving the blog Clare - am very proud! Have a great time in NYC & indeed the rest of your holiday! Looking forward to reading all about it! (p.s thanks for the Thai receipe - perfect!) The Tingeys x

    ReplyDelete